Local citation consistency can work for your SEO campaign or work against you. If everything is consistent and correct, it’s a big plus. But if your citations are inconsistent (basically, a big mess) it will really be a hinderance to getting the kind of rankings your clients expect.
If you’re not sure about what citations a local site has or if they’re consistent or not, the first step is getting a citation audit done. This can be a time consuming process if there’s a lot of citations out there. Not only do you have to find them, but you’ll have to visit and check every single URL to make sure it’s displaying accurate information.
Our citation audits, at just $14.99, will handle this headache for you.
Not only do we scrape, research, and find all of a websites citations. But we also visit each URL after we find it and note the business name, address, and phone number displayed. We will tell you what citations are correct, what need fixing, and what are duplicated.
Armed with this information, you can move forward fixing these yourself or you can check out our Citation Cleanup and Boost service if you want us to fix them for you.
Secondly, if you’re running a citation audit you might want to consider running a local website audit.
Our 29 point Local Website Audit will pinpoint problem areas, specifically for ranking in local search. We look at what the site is doing right, what the site is doing wrong, and what the site isn’t doing at all.
Our analysis combs over Google My Business Page optimization suggestions, local on-page/off-page, social, backlink data, and more.
Conducting a comprehensive local SEO audit for yourself or your client is a no-brainer and you might be surprised at what we find for you. We highly recommend them.
What’s Included in the Local Website Audit:
Example Audit: Electrical audit
- Local On-page SEO
- We look at all major factors that might be hindering your local site from ranking: schema, maps, NAP consistency, and much more. This is the most comprehensive section of the audit.
- General On-page SEO
- Our General on-page SEO section tackles on-page that isn’t locally specific… Internal links, site speed, mobile friendliness, and a few others.
- Google My Business Page
- The businesses GMB page can be deceptively simple, some folks think all you need to do is verify it and then the job is done. We’ll tell you all the ways your particular GMB page can be optimized.
- Content Audit
- We’ll tell you how much content the site has (and if it could use more), where any duplicate content is, and more important content issues.
- Backlink Audit
- We’ll dig through your pages and links, find any important pages that might be neglected, and also give you some ideas for potential new niche link sources.
- Conversion Suggestions
- Even though conversion has little to do with local SEO, we’ve included conversion in the audit because of how many times we saw local sites getting the fundamentals wrong when it came to conversion. We’ll make sure the site isn’t making any major conversion mistakes.
- How many of your pages have social signals, if any at all? Where can you still register the businesses brand-name? We check the most important data for you when it comes to Social and report back what we find.